diumenge, 18 de maig del 2014

JOCS FLORALS WINNER FOR THEATRE IN ENGLISH 2014

.... and the winner for the best theatre play in English in the Jocs Florarls Prize this year goes to...
Pablo Holgado Margalet. Congratulations.

This is his play.


THE TRUTH HISTORY OF HAMLET

(The curtain opens. A large and spacious room appears. Hamlet is sitting in the middle of the room, on a chair. He looks worried).

Hamlet: Why am I here, doing nothing? The life follows its way right before my eyes. And what am I doing? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

(He takes a bottle of whisky that is under the chair).

Hamlet: The only thing for which I live is this wonderful and incredible bottle of whisky. Hurray for the alcohol!

(He drinks).

Hamlet: My life is terrible… but… I am the prince of the throne of Denmark! I am the heritor! Nobody can forbid me this right! Nobody… nobody except my uncle… He is now at the throne…

(He drinks again).

Hamlet: And my father… where is my father? He disappears two months ago... (Screaming) Where are you, father? I need you now! (Normal) Well, the most probably is that my father went to the forest to go hunting, and he lost in it. But he never goes lonely to hunt… Bah! Why am I thinking about him? He dies, that is sure. (He wants to drink again, but the bottle of whisky is empty) Oh, dear… I want more whisky…

(Suddenly, a man appears in the scene. He is old, and looks tired. He is a ghost).

Hamlet: (Surprised) Oh… Who are you? I drink more whisky that is necessary? Am I drunk?

Ghost: No, Hamlet, you aren’t drunk. I am your father, and I’m here to say to you some important things.

Hamlet: Really? Are you my father? Before this moment, I thought that my father was more handsome…

Ghost (sarcastic): Oh, thanks, Hamlet… you are very nice! But I’m not here to talk about this… I’m here to tell you something important!

Hamlet: Really? Have you get more whisky to give me? This bottle is now empty…

Ghost (furious): No, Hamlet, it’s something more important! You must to claim the throne of Denmark!

Hamlet: And… why are not you the king? Are you dead?

Ghost: This is evident! I was the king… but not now… Now is my brother… He kills me!

Hamlet: Oh, dear…! My uncle kills you? When?

Ghost: One day, I was dinning when, suddenly, an olive got stuck in my throat. I died.

(Silence for one minute).

Hamlet: Oh, well… But my uncle didn’t kill you!

Ghost: Oh… Yes, he planned to put this olive in my plate of dinner. And he is now the king, because he is the more near familiar person of the dead king.

Hamlet: And you want me to claim the throne… Yes, it sounds good!

Ghost: But before that, you must to uprise the people of the kingdom. You are the heritor! The throne is yours! The kingdom must to uprise!

Hamlet: Or also I can kill my uncle.

Ghost: Oh, yes, you also can do it.

(Suddenly, another man appears in the scene. He is the king, the uncle. He is surprise when he looks the ghost and Hamlet).

Ghost: Oh, he is my murderer! Quickly, Hamlet, kill him!

(The king is going to escape, but Hamlet catches him).

Ghost: And now, brother, you must to die!

King: No, please, no! Hamlet, you mustn’t to believe your father! If you don’t kill me, I will take to you bottles and bottles of whisky, and also you will be rich!

Hamlet: Hum… it sounds good… Bah, I don’t want to be the king… It’s very boring… Yes, I accept your proposition!

Ghost: No, Hamlet! You must to claim the throne!

Hamlet: Oh, no, it sounds boring. And now, father, bye, bye…

Ghost: This not will end here! Hamlet, I will return in the future…

(The ghost disappears and all the people come back happy).